The Quotable Beginning

"The beginning is always today." ~Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
Indeed. The beginning is today. For quite some time now I have been known among my friends and associates and a few crazy strangers as the quoting blogger. Seldom do I put paper to pen (or fingers to keyboard) where I do not use the words of literary giants, comedians, screenwriters, acquaintances, philosophers or even my own children to emphasize and reinforce my own ideas. For a pair of years now, I have written my way through a variety of blog sites and social networks including: Yahoo 360, MySpace and Facebook. Weary of the "copy & paste" method utilized to spread my creations from site to site, I shall now consolidate and resume my works here as I have been urged by more than one gracious and flattering individual to give my sentiments a more public avenue. Apparently, someone out there reads what I write.


"Genuine beginnings begin within us, even when they are brought to our attention by external opportunities." ~William Bridges



And so, I begin again. I search within myself for my inspiration. I write about life ... usually my own. The present. The inflexible past. The undetermined future. I do not declare to be interesting or witty although sarcasm is bound to surface abundantly. I make no apologies for brutal honesty.

"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will." ~George Bernard Shaw

I write to create. I write to learn. I write to vent. I write because I have no choice.

Quoting? Well, untold millions of others have gone before me. Our current world population is close to seven billion humans walking around this planet we call Earth. That makes for a whole lot of experience. It would be shame if we didn't use each others words to help us out from time to time. I choose to share quotes interspersed with my own because we all use quote someone, often inadvertently, each and every day. Usually, we are the quoter although we might be surprised to find out how often we become the quoted.

Welcome, my guests, to "Living a Quotable Life." I hope you will visit regularly. Please - pull up a chair and stay a while!

"That's the secret of entertaining. You make your guests feel welcome and at home. If you do that honestly, the rest takes care of itself." ~Barbara Hall

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. Your blog is most readable and provokes comment. Should be more widely read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having read much of your work this morning, I consider this a great compliment. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin