Duty & Honor




Why are there individuals in this world to which the word “responsibility” carries no meaning? Even converting “responsibility” to “legal obligation” brings no change.

That’s it. I’m done.

"The further you run from your sins, the more exhausted you are when they catch up to you." ~Inside Man, Film (2006)

“You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” ~Abraham Lincoln

“Character - the willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life - is the source from which self respect springs.” ~Joan Didion, Slouching Towards Bethlehem


"Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
Take honor from me, and my life is done."
~William Shakespeare, King Richard II

1 comment:

  1. Well quoted! And you have been tagged for a meme. Come visit!

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin