Oh, very well!



While I always have an extensive number of saying and quotes floating around in my brain, it is the movie quote that comes out most often in my day-to-day conversation. I have been told on more than one occasion that I might possibly need to compose a dictionary of sorts to give people when they meet me for the first time. Why I would want to do such a thing is beyond me. It does sort of take away part of my odd little heart.

However, I will gladly share the most common quoted phrases here. Quoting a particular line does not necessarily indicate that said movie is one of my favorites it simply means that itstuck in my brain and I have never let go of the words. Ask and you shall receive. Here we go.

“Oui, Bob!” ~French Kiss, Film (1995)
When uttered, this simply means that I agree with you. There is a delightful banter in the movie between Kevin Kline’s French and Meg Ryan’s English on distinguishing the pronunciation of the name “Bob.” I’ve used it for years.

“Do, or do not. There is no try.” ~The Empire Strikes Back, Film (1980)
If you don’t recognize this quote as being said by Star Wars’ Yoda then shame on you! I use this one most often on my children although I have been known to use it on whiny employees. Of course, I no longer have my own employees … so the children get the brunt of it.

“Your killing me Smalls!” ~The Sandlot, Film (1993)
If I use this reference it means that I am frustrated with you. Why? Well, you would have to watch the movie because the explanation would just take up too much time.

“I’m not bad. I’m just drawn that way.” ~Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Film (1988)
Jessica Rabbit. There is still something inherently wrong with an animated character being that hot. Still … a great quote.

“I am no man!” ~LOTR: The Return of the King, Film (2003)
I use this one when I’m feeling particularly feisty and feministic. It doesn’t happen often, but it does happen.

“But WHY is the rum gone?” ~Pirates of the Caribbean, Film (2003)
Yeah – I use this one pretty much when I misplace anything and have to go on a search for it.

See? It isn’t that difficult to understand me, is it? Just keep up to date on your movies and you will have no trouble with the words that come out of my mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin