Tag! You're It!




“It should be noted that the games of children are not games, and must be considered as their most serious actions.” ~Michel de Montaigne, French Philosopher

There is something oddly intriguing about taking a favorite childhood game and adapting it to this crazy internet existence. I have been tagged before on social networking sites, but it would appear that my time has come yet again. My tag comes from joemamma and is to include seven weird things about myself.

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” ~Author Unknown
When one is as strange and bizarre as I can be … how do I pick only 7 aspects of my overall weirdness that I’m willing to reveal to the public? Oh well, here we go:

1. I name all of my pets after characters in English Literature. I've had cats named Mr. Darcy, Lancelot, Guinevere and Cleopatra. I've had fish named Othello, Romeo & Juliet and Beatrice & Benedict. (Incidentally … Othello, Romeo & Juliet all died within days of being given those particular monikers and I was blamed for cursing them since their names came from tragedies. Beatrice & Benedict lived practically forever.)

Credit: Mandolindsay on Flickr



2. I collect globes and world maps of all sorts. I even have clear, globe shaped salt & pepper shakers and I recently found a World Geography textbook from the 1930's that was in my grandfather's belongings.

3. I have a tattoo of a very feminine cross with a snowflake as the crosspiece. The snowflake is to represent the purity of Christ as he died on the cross as well as to remind me how fragile my faith can be if I try to go it alone. The cross is black. The snowflake is blue.

“A tattoo is a true poetic creation, and is always more than meets the eye. As a tattoo is grounded on living skin, so its essence emotes a poignancy unique to the mortal human condition.” ~V. Vale and Andrea Juno, Modern Primitives

4. I have an unexplainable addiction to fresh cracked black pepper. It ends up on almost everything I eat.

5. I still keep my rolodex from when I was a travel agent. I haven't been "in the business" since 2002, but you just never know.

6. While my tastes in music tend to be completely mood driven and I listen to everything from Beethoven to Country to Blues …. I absolutely adore 80’s hair band metal: Skid Row, Warrant, Winger …

7. Coffee is the nectar of the gods. I drink enough coffee in a day to keep everyone in my office up for two days straight and it doesn’t affect my sleep habits at all. I do have repeated bouts of insomnia, but those are stress driven. A cup of good coffee in the evening actually helps me to sleep better.

“It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity. I bet this kind of thing does not happen to heroin addicts. I bet that when serious heroin addicts go to purchase their heroin, they do not tolerate waiting in line while some dilettante in front of them orders a hazelnut smack-a-cino with cinnamon sprinkles.” ~Dave Barry, Comedian

Well, there you go … seven weird or interesting facts about me … sort of. Apparently it is now my turn to tag:

diana (diaphanous)
caffeinated librarian
taggardclannews

Tag! You’re It.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin