Purging



Purge
-verb (used with an object)
1. to rid of whatever is impure or undesirable; cleanse; purify
2. to rid, clear or free



Purging. I seem to be doing a lot of it lately.

Belongings: I moved from a house to an apartment just over a year ago. I’m still purging in an attempt to make more space. It’s amazing what you suddenly decide you don’t want anymore once you have no place to put it. Last week alone I removed an amazing amount of stuff from my apartment. It was fantastic. I don’t think it made me feel “cleansed” or “purified” but I felt pretty darn good!

Emotions: Yeah … I think it goes without saying, if you know me well, that I’ve been in continuous purge mode regarding this particular aspect of my life for quite some time now …. and yes, in this regard I do feel cleansed. Emotional cleansing is a wonderful thing.

Yet, every now and then I come across something (and I won’t reveal what because that is just way too personal for the www) that I just can’t purge from my life. I try. I really do. I am trying. I have been trying for months. God and me … we’re working on it. Still – it’s frustrating.

Do you have anything that you just can’t seem to purge from your life? A habit? A person? Emotions? Belongings? Desires?

It would be nice to know I’m not alone in this.

1 comment:

  1. No you are most definetly not alone. As I am seriously puring for our move I am realizing how attached I am to some things. It's strange, I know how silly it is... but that doesn't make it any easy. When someone thinks I'm crazy because I tear up and getting rid of some old basket or toy- I just blame bording school:)

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin