Words Have Tempers



"When you make a move out of stress or anger, it always ends in catastrophe." ~Bobby, Film (2006)

I hate my temper.
I hate my temper.
I hate my temper.


“Yet if he upbraided her in his hurry, it was to repent bitterly his temper the next instant, and to feel its effects more than she, temper being a weapon that we hold by the blade.” ~James M. Barrie, The Little Minister

“The worst-tempered people I've ever met were the people who knew they were wrong.”
~Wilson Mizner, Playwright


“Words have tempers, you know, particularly verbs.” ~Phoebe in Wonderland (2008)

3 comments:

  1. Just never feed your anger, eventually, it starves and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes ... I try. Here I should quote Yoda: "Do or do not. There is no try." Hooray for the wisdom of Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best quote ever, 'a weapon we hold by the blade'....that is so absolutely true, and not just about temper, but a number of human things, don't we though!

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin