Pg. 123


I was tagged by The Phantom to participate in a little ongoing literary meme. I'm not much of a meme person, but this one intrigued me. So, here I go before my daily ramblings begin.

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth full sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people

As he did one for poetry and one for prose, I have followed this format as well. It makes sense.




BOOK
Atonement
~Ian McEwan

"She was skeptical, because she knew the tricks the mind could play. At the same time, her mind was - in every sense - where she was to spend the evening, and she had to be at ease with herself. She stepped out of the black crepe dress where it fell to the floor, and stood in her heels and underwear, surveying the possibilities on the wardrobe racks, mindful of the passing minutes. She hated the thought of appearing austere."

POETRY
Love Poems by Women: An Anthology of Poetry from Around the world through the Ages
'How Gentle'
~Joyce Carol Oates
"upon forehead
kisses quick as breaths, without volition
Love: I am luminous
careless as love's breathing"


I will now neglect to tag anyone. I'm not much in the mood to do so. Feel free to do your own version of this meme if you feel so inclined! Cheers!



1 comment:

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin