Tempest Tossed




“The wind began to moan in hollow murmurs, as the sun went down carrying glad day elsewhere; and a train of dull clouds coming up against it, menaced thunder and lightning. Large drops of rain soon began to fall, and, as the storm clouds came sailing onward, others supplied the void they left behind and spread over all the sky. Then was heard the low rumbling of distant thunder, then the lightning quivered, and then the darkness of an hour seemed to have gathered in an instant.” ~Charles Dickens, The Old Curiosity Shop

It has done nothing but rain here for days … days and days. For those who have inquired about my well being based on news reports from the severe weather we had here last evening – I am well. Thank you. There has been little sleep (or no sleep in my case) as we heeded tornado warnings and blaring sirens through the night. The lake where I work is rising rapidly. I am in the office, but water levels are being monitored closely as the rain is still falling and falling and falling. In fact, it sounds as though another thunderstorm is rolling in at this moment. If this continues much longer I fear I may need to invest in some scuba gear! :o)


8 comments:

  1. Enough already! Time for the warm sunshine.

    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Do you have a canoe? I hope the worst is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This too shall pass...and here's hoping it passes quickly!

    Hope the weekend is dry and sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful day today...I trust you are enjoying it! ;)

    Ceallach

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think of you and Goatman, he is up aways in Missouri, gets lots of storms. I just got electrictiy back after over 2 days. There is yet another storm coming the end of this next week, stay dry Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I'm dreading more rain. It has been unbelievable. We shut down the state park where I work due to high water. Of course, we were still there - we just kicked all the guests out. :o)

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin