I have been ogled … Googled!




I wish someone was ogling me. What? It could happen. Actually, I did get ogled this past weekend … quite blatantly actually. I didn’t mind. I do my fair share of admiring the assets of the opposite sex.

“Flirting is a woman’s trait. One must keep in practice.” ~Becoming Jane, Film (2007)

Ogling aside: I have been Googled!!! No … I didn’t Google myself (although I do on a regular basis). Like many bloggers I take a peak at my statistics (the comings and goings on my blog) from time to time. I do not obsess over them, but I do look. It is advisable to do so. It was here, hidden in my page of statistics, where I discovered that some kind soul in Norman, OK hopped over to Google and typed, “‘Beth Taggard’ Poetry” in the search engine. This is the first time someone was directed to my scribblings by typing in my actual name instead of “Living a Quotable Life” or some other random search that somehow directs them to my site. I am pretty excited about it. I wonder if I know this person in Oklahoma. Hmmmm?

It is pretty interesting to see what type of searches lead to my page. Do the rest of you look at these statistics from time to time and wonder, “How the hell ….?”

Here is a random sampling of searches that have led to my blog:

“hello my my little chick a dee”
“living a life without mirrors”
“quotes on underestimating children”
“prince ramses solo naked”
“what celebrities live in arkansas”
“fat girl on a bike”
“author of waking & dreaming”
“quotes for playground swings”
“quotable puck shakespeare”
“ladies tea time scripture”
“where does ryunosuke satoro come from”
“greatest female sports movie”
“living life with capital letters”

Bizarre! Seriously!

My most popular blog entry (according to my trusty statistics) can be found here. Go figure it is about LOVE. Most of my hits come from a search that leads to this page … once I subtract my regular readers from the equation. I love you by the way. My regular readers. I really, really do love you.

Have you Googled yourself recently? No? You should!

“So what does Google have to say about you? If you don't know, you'd better find out. Those skeletons in your closet may not be as hidden as you think. Or worse yet, you may have someone else's skeletons!” ~David Teten, Donna Fisher & Scott Allen @ About.com

9 comments:

  1. My blog title draws a lot of inadvertent hits, with the most popular post being "tattoo."

    My real name does not google.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to Google me, but truthfully, I haven't the foggiest idea how to get all that information you just reeled off. Any hints?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tagged you. Play if you like. And thanks for the tips. I'm off to research me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can I 'research my blog', Beth?

    Keying in my name just brings results about my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mo ma ~ Google "Coffee's Not My Cup Of Tea" to see what you come up with. Make sure you put it in quotation marks. You'll likely find those linked back to you and the like. As for data - there are several sites that provide basic data for free. I use statcounter. It is pretty easy to set up and make sure you block the address for any computer you use so you don't corrupt the data. It will tell you how.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Beth!

    And, you're not my polar opposite, http://typelogic.com/isfp.html tells me that my 'enigma' is one letter away from you. You're my novelty! We subconsciously find each other intriguingly cool.

    Cool! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are cool as a breeze in spring time, cool as a hymn in church, cool as a world made better by people like yourself.

    I oogled your mind in the midst of your words and saw beauty thru the sounds, keep writing Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anyone have a mirror? I might be blushing.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin