Me Out In The World




“All I know is if you don’t figure out the something you’ll just stay ordinary and it doesn’t matter if it’s a work of art or a taco or a pair of socks … just create something new and there it is. And it’s YOU out in the world … outside of you and you can look at it or hear it or read it or feel it and you know a little more about you. A little bit more than anyone else does.” ~P.S. I Love You, Film (2007)

I have been asked on multiple occasions why it is that I do what I do … writing my random scribblings and posting them in a public venue. Go figure that I would eventually stumble across a quote from a film that really sums up my point of view better then I could myself. I do this because I learn something about myself with each and every entry that I post. Even in the silliness of participating in a meme I learn about me by being forced to think of the answers to questions I may not have truly though through on my own.

I am creating.

I am putting myself out in the world.

I am rediscovering me.


You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself. ~Alan Alda, American Actor

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. For many of the years that I was working on my book, it was mainly a matter of self discovery. In fact, at first, I didn't even know I might be writing a book, I was just jotting stuff down so I wouldn't forget it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All students of God know that it is all about Memory, and getting it as right as we can, at least so I think.

    Didn't someone else say, 'know thyself'? Indeed, such is LOVE! The better yourself, the better all around, pass it on, amen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just making it up as I go along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @paul ~ Indeed! Always jotting. Always writing.

    @jim ~ I do appreciate you.

    @z ~ Every word on page ...every step into the future ... making it ALL up as we go. :o)

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin