Monday Mosaic #1 - Homesick

Welcome to my new addiction. I discovered these mosaic things a couple of days ago and, well, I just can't get enough. But, I've decided to limit myself on how many I can post. So, for now, they will surface on Mondays. I highly dislike Monday in general so maybe this will give me something to smile about on said day. Not to mention, I like the alliteration. I know. I'm a dork. I do promise that each theme will have something to do with me or things I like or .... whatever.

As I have been a little extremely homesick of late, I thought I would brighten up my page with a collage from Kenya. I hope you like it. These are some of my favorite places and a few "can't miss" tourist destinations. (Pssst! You can click on the mosaic to enlarge it.)




I've anchored the center with the Kenyan flag. It just seemed the right thing to do. Here is what you are looking at: 1. Diani Beach, Mombasa; 2. Brackenhurst Baptist International Conference Center, Tigoni; 3. Thompson Falls, Nyahururu; 4. Treetops Hotel, Aberdare Range; 5. Rift Valley Academy, Kijabe; 6. Fig Tree Tented Camp, Masai Mara Game Reserve; 7. Lake Nakuru; 8. Carnivore Restaurant, Nairobi; 9. Nairobi Market; 10. Giraffe Manor, Karen; 11. Ivory Burning Site Monument, Nairobi Game Reserve; 12. Kilaguni Lodge, Tsavo West Game Reserve; 13. Kenyan Flag; 14. Mount Kenya Safari Club, Nanyuki; 15. Tea Fields, Limuru; 16. Sikh Temple, Makindu; 17. Chania Falls, Thika; 18. Samburu Lodge, Samburu Game Reserve; 19. Keekorok Lodge, Masai Mara Game Reserve; 20. The Ark Hotel, Aberdare Range; 21. Amboseli Game Reserve; 22. Market Day; 23. Malindi Coast; 24. Fort Jesus, Mombasa; 25. Mount Longonot, Great Rift Valley.

"We don't call it homesick. We call it missing home. There's no sickness involved, it's a state of mind." ~John Litten

5 comments:

  1. Oh what fun I had growing up around T-Falls as we knew it......

    ReplyDelete
  2. kk ~ I love that whole area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Beth, found you via ever-fascinating Vincent. You have been added to my Firefox side-bar (and will be to "other perspectives" on Womby's drivel .. when i can figure out how to get back into the template, am still on "old" blogger .. heh).

    Was nearly going to say that Australia doesn't have much in common with Kenya .. but on further reflection - perhaps it does.

    Am looking forward to reading more, here. Cheers and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Davo ~ Lovely to have you visit. Yes, Vincent is fabulous. I'm glad you made your way here. Ahhh - Australia ... pretty close to my #1 I haven't been there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the mosaic, may have to "steal/borrow" the idea for my blog:) fabulous photos, my favorite is Kili one. One of my favourite climbing memories, so sad that the glaciers are melting!

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin