Anything but this ...


“The last thing to age in somebody is their heart." ~Rocky Balboa, Film (2006)



I do not mind aging. Really. I tell people my age (33) with no reservations and I make no attempt at pretending to be younger. Age is relative. Think young, be young. Still, I can not deny that I am getting older and in general I really, truly do not mind … or even think about the concept too much. It happens to be one of the few things in life that I do not overanalyze. In all likelihood, the fact that I grew up in a society where elders are still revered probably has something to do with my mentality. I have a few signs that I am aging, laugh lines and that sort of thing, but for the most part I have had few outward symptoms … until …

I had heartburn last night. Of course, having never suffered from actual heartburn before, I could have been having a heart attack and not known the difference. Scary thought that. As I am alive and kicking this morning we will assume that my self diagnosis yesterday eve was accurate. Guess who has no heartburn medication/antacid in her home? Me. That’s who.

I digress. I'm so good at that.

My point is that I am willing to tackle almost any aspect of aging … anything at all … anything but this – the heartburn & indigestion. I happen to like hot food. No, I adore it. I will change my diet for the sake of weight loss, but I do not want my body telling me I can no longer eat the food I like. Last night I made pasta (not too spicy) for me and my dudes. There were no unusual or unfamiliar ingredients, but … wow, did I ever think I was dying. Seriously. Bring me wrinkles (there are a few here and there)! Bring me arthritis (already have a little of that)! Memory loss (there are a few I could live without)! Gray hair! Whatever! Anything, Lord, but this …

“If you are what you eat, I only want to eat the good stuff.” ~Ratatouille, Film (2007)

1 comment:

  1. teaspoon baking soda, or is that powder,?, a half cup or bit more of water, drink, better than tums etal.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin