Kidding Myself Party??



“. . . the companions of our childhood always possess a certain power over our minds which hardly any later friend can obtain.” ~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

I have taken on the task of planning my 20-year high school reunion. It is a very good thing that this event will not take place until 2012. This means I have four years to brainstorm and hash out all my ideas. Still, what was I thinking?

You see, pulling off a reunion for a class that graduated from an international school overseas is not an easy thing. I have classmates spread out EVERYWHERE on this planet. The bulk of us are located within North America but there are substantial populations of friends in Australia, Africa and Europe … and a few in Asia. Exactly how do you pick an appropriate location?

I had an epiphany this week and it is one that should have come sooner:

No matter what I do … I will NOT make EVERYONE happy.

So, classmates, expect to hear from me soon on date and location. I would love for us to have the biggest, most awesome 20-year class reunion in Rift Valley Academy history. Realistically, I am aware this may not happen. I will still be really, really, really proud to have planned this thing and I will be really, really, really thrilled and excited to see who shows up.

“Okay, well, I’ll see you at the ‘I’ve peaked and I’m kidding myself’ party.” ~Grosse Pointe Blank, Film (1997)


Rift Valley Academy: Alma Mater

Hail to thee our Alma Mater. Let our praises all unite;
Rift Valley Academy, Hail, all hail the red and white.

May the blessing of the Father rest upon thee RVA,
making all thy sons and daughters pure and true and strong always.

Loyal to our school of learning, standing for God’s perfect way,
May the love of Christ our Savior guide our footsteps day by day.

Hail, all hail thee Alma Mater looking for a coming King,
Lifting high the Christian standard, Hail, all hail! Thy praises ring.




GO BUFFS!!!



3 comments:

  1. You go, Beth!

    I'd be so nervous meeting my former high school mates. Shite! I was the stereotypical nerdy, bullied introvert back then. But at the same time, how I'd love to see my former bullies now and show em' how I've
    'blossomed'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should go! I just went to my 39th and boy was it weird and sorta fun. The bullies are fat and bald and really old. The princesses are all old and fat and going bald as well. Only the people who were cool to me stayed exactly the same! What a surreal thing.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin