Monday Mosaic #3 - Prior Wandering


Wanderlust. I have it. Right now I have an extremely bad case seeing as I have not traveled in quite some time. Still, I gather that my regular readers are rather weary of listening to me lament about how I have had no opportunities to pack my suitcase and dust off my passport of late. The mosaic I present to you today is composed of photographs of places I have already traveled and sights I have already seen. I should be more grateful. Perhaps this will serve as a reminder. Please note: This does not diminish my desire to go new places or revisit many of the destinations presented.

“Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” - Pat Conroy, American Author


1) Paris, France; 2) New York, NY, USA; 3) Barcelona, Spain; 4) Bermuda; 5) Mombasa, Kenya; 6) Rome, Italy; 7) New River Gorge Bridge, WV, USA; 8) Lion Hill at Waterloo, Belgium; 9) Copenhagen, Denmark; 10) San Antonio, TX, USA; 11) Amsterdam, The Netherlands; 12) Pompeii, Italy; 13) Earth; 14) Gettysburg, PA, USA; 15) Dachau, Germany; 16) Niagara Falls, Canada; 17) Milan, Italy; 18) Rothenburg on the Romantic Road, Germany; 19) London, England, UK; 20) Vienna, Austria; 21) Nairobi, Kenya; 22) Disney World in Orlando, FL, USA; 23) Florence, Italy; 24) New Orleans, LA, USA; 25) Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. (I claim no ownership of individual photographs. They came from all over the web.)

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain, American Author


4 comments:

  1. I wanna go! Take me with you! I'm in school for the next two years and career building for a few more after that, so any kind of wanderlust will have to be satisfied vicariously. I'm counting on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas! We shall both be disappointed. I'm quite sure I won't be going anywhere anytime soon. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't cry. Beautiful, isn't it? On a clear day you could see Kili from the dining room window of the house where I grew up.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin