Music Meme-ology




Okay fellow music lovers. I stole this meme from Caffeinated Librarian who stole it from someone else and tweaked a few rules. Still, I had a childlike “I want to play too” moment so here we go:

  • Put your iPod or music player on your computer on random.
  • Post the first four lines from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song (Skip repeat artists).
  • Skip songs that have the title in the first four lines.
  • Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.

Don’t cheat! (No Google. No Yahoo! No search engines.)

“Let’s play fair children.” ~The Mummy, Film (1999)

1) We lead two different lives
Just like two lines that never cross
And here we are together
Standing closer than we are
(Secret, Heart)

2) Debbie just hit the wall
She never had it all
One Prozac a day
Husband's a CPA
(~t~: 1985, Bowling for Soup)

3) There are places I remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
(~t~: In My Life, The Beatles)

4) These are the days of the open hand
They will not be the last. Look around now.
These are the days of the beggars
And the choosers.
(Praying For Time, George Michael)

5) Angel of Mercy
How did you find me?
Where did you read my story?
Pulled from the papers
(Mercy, OneRepublic)

6) Playground school bell rings again,
Rain clouds come to play again,
Has no one told you she's not breathing?
Hello, I'm your mind giving you someone to talk to,
(Hello, Evanescence)

7) All veils and misty
Streets of blue
Almond looks
That chill divine
(Mystify, INXS)

8) I lie awake on a long, dark night
I can't seem to tame my mind
Slings and arrows are killing me inside
Maybe I can't accept the life that's mine
(Weathered, Creed)

9) Little child
Dry your crying eyes
How can I explain
The fear you feel inside
(When the Children Cry, White Lion)

10) Ah keep your eyes on the road,
Your hands upon the wheel.
Keep your eyes on the road
Your hands upon the wheel.
(Roadhouse Blues, The Doors)

11) I rolled up my sleeves today
Cause I thought that this was over
But then you called to say
You forgot that broach of your mother's
(Nothing Good About Goodbye, Hinder)

12) I hold on so nervously
To me and my drink
I wish it was cooling me
But so far, has not been good
(~t~: Paralyzer, Finger Eleven)

13) Looking out for love
In the night so still
Oh I’ll build you a kingdom
In that house on the hill
(Big Love, Fleetwood Mac)

14) Dime porque lloras
De felicidad
Y porque te ahogas
Por la soledad
(No Me Ames, Jennifer Lopez & Marc Antony)

15) We dreamers have our ways
Of facing rainy days
And somehow we survive
We keep the feelings warm
(I Made it Through the Rain, Barry Manilow)

16) Your cruel device
Your blood, like ice
One look could kill
My pain, your thrill
(Poison, Alice Cooper)

17) Ain't there something I can give you
In exchange for everything you give to me
Read my mind and make me feel just fine
When I think my peace of mind is out of reach
(Giving You The Best That I've Got, Anita Baker)

18) Rainy Night, I'm All Alone
Sittin' Here Waitin' For Your
Voice on the Phone
Fever Turns to Cold, Cold Sweat
(Love Sneaking Up On You, Bonnie Raitt)

19) It's hard for me to say the things
I want to say sometimes
There's no one here but you and me
And that broken old street light
(Thank You For Loving Me, Bon Jovi)

20) Nighttime sharpens, heightens each sensation
Darkness stirs and wakes imagination
Silently the senses abandon their defenses
Slowly, gently, night unfurls its splendour
(mellifluous dark: Music of the Night, Phantom of the Opera)
This particular version is Gerard Butler from the more recent film.


“May the force be with you.” ~Star Wars IV: A New Hope, Film (1977)

I will make an attempt to post the correct title/artist and who guessed it right first for each song. That is … if my readers choose to play along. C’mon! Work with me here.


7 comments:

  1. Do most people have an ipod these days then? that is one piece of technology I am happy to continue doing without. Still cursing at the mobile phone which I'm unable to love. it's just a nuisance. always running out of juice, credit; or I leave it behind when I go out, or switched off. the only good thing about it is you can ring it when you lose it.

    then when I lose something else (several times a day) I want to be able to ring that too, then remember it is only phones you can do that with. Can you ring an ipod when you lose it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2) 1985 - Bowling for Soup

    3) In My Life - The Beatles (or Bette Midler)

    12) Paralyzer - Finger Eleven


    Obviously, I'm really bad at this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm no good at these. I posted one that I would not have been able to answer. And having the title in the first line didn't really seem to help people.

    http://onewordisenough.blogspot.com/2008/05/random.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. vincent ~ I do not know if most people have them. I do know they are making cell phones now that double as and iPod.

    ~t~: Lovely to have you visit. #2 and #12 would have been the first two I got as well.

    z ~ Quote hoarder that I am ... song lyrics often elude me. I'll swing by and take a peek though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 7 – INXS... but I can't recall the title...

    13 – Kate Bush – Wuthering Heights?

    20 – Phantom of the Opera

    Possibly all wrong but it's very late and I am so sleepy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mellifluous ~ I'll give you #20. INXS is #7 but I need a title! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin