Musical Menagerie ABC




My motivation to do much of anything else is lacking at the moment, so I have chosen to do another list of ABCs. If you missed the first one you can find it here. Today, I bring you a list of my favored musical artists from A to Z … if I can think of one to fit every letter.

A – Aerosmith. Oh yeah! Aerosmith. What? “Sweet Emotion,” baby!!! What did you expect from me? ABBA? I think not.

B – Bon Jovi. Having recently grown to appreciate The Beatles they almost made it into this spot, but I had vague feelings of betrayal just thinking about doing such a thing. Bon Jovi was my first band obsession. I have every single album. I can not do that to them. Faithful to Bon Jovi I remain.

C – This is a hard one. There are a lot of artists and bands out there that begin with the letter “c” but I have to go with a band that broke up a few years ago: Creed. Good stuff.

“I lie awake on a long, dark night
I can't seem to tame my mind
Slings and arrows are killing me inside
Maybe I can't accept the life that's mine”

~Creed, Weathered


D – I am grooving to this new band lately. Dogs Die In Hot Cars. Yep, you read that right. Great band name. Check out their myspace page for sound bites.

E – Easy one. Evanescence. If you have not discovered them yet … well, to be frank, you are missing out.

F – Flogging Molly. There is something fabulous about Irish punk music with traditional instruments. Good sound.

G – The Goo Goo Dolls. Johnny Rzeznik. Yum. I have my shallow moments.

H – Hannah Montana. JOKING!!! Wow, I’m so not serious. My answer would be Hanson. What? You don’t believe me? Well, you shouldn’t. Could my REAL answer please stand up?? That would be … Lauryn Hill and her miseducated self.

I – INXS. That was another no brainer.

J – Mmmmm … I do so love me some Journey … the good stuff with Steve Perry as front man. What? I am allowed to adore cheesy 80’s ballads.

K – “Are you gonna go my way?” ~Lenny Kravitz

L – Right now I am enamored with a few songs by Leona Lewis. She may have been a “Pop Idol” winner, but she is really good.

M – Another hard choice for me. Dang it. Um …. Sara McLachlan. Nope. Nope. I have to go with George Michael. Yep, I love George Michael. Leave me alone.

N – Nickelback.

“Prison gates won't open up for me
On these hands and knees I'm crawlin'
Oh, I reach for you
Well I'm terrified of these four walls
These iron bars can't hold my soul in
All I need is you
Come please I'm callin'
And oh I scream for you
Hurry I'm fallin', I'm fallin'”

~Nickelback, Savin’ Me

O – Yep. The new obsession would be OneRepublic. I’ve seen them live. It was fantastic!!!

P – Phantom of the Opera. I have the soundtrack from the original Broadway cast. I have the soundtrack from the movie. It is, and will always be, my favorite musical.

Q – Queen. Duh. All fat-bottomed girls should love the genius of Freddie Mercury.

R – Here we find yet another letter with a myriad of choices. I am feeling a little bluesy today to I am going to go with Bonnie Raitt.

S – I have to be faithful to another of my high school crushes in this choice … so Skid Row it is … but only with Sebastian Bach in at lead. What a voice!!!

T – Thriving Ivory. Haven’t heard of them? You will.

U – U2. Really. You should have expected nothing less.

V – Van Halen, baby!!!

W – WHAM!! Am I allowed to put George Michael on this list twice? No? OK fine, I will go with The Who. I am not a total ditz. I promise.

X – X-treme. I guess. I’m clueless on this one.

Y – YES!!!

Z – ZZ Top. Why? Because “every girl’s crazy ‘bout a sharp dressed man.” That’s why.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so doing this one. Fabulous selections, all! I will be Googling Thriving Ivory. And I thank you for the educational oppotunity. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fun one ... and so HARD!! It's amazing how many artists and groups there are out there so picking just one from each letter was insane.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin