Identity



“Identity is who you are. Image is how you are viewed by others. Both influence the choices that you make but identity offers much greater longer term rewards. Whenever possible, base your key life decisions on the person that you are.” ~http://www.reellifewisdom.com

Image. I get that. It makes sense. Image is easy.

Identity … (sigh) … Can you lose who you really are? Can it be stolen? No, I am not referring to identity theft: the crime of stealing someone’s name and assets. I am writing about me. There are days where I think I know exactly who I am and then … well, it would seem as though I wake up and look around and wonder why I am here and how I managed to get here. Who am I? I never thought I would be one to question who I am, but things change.

“The identity of one changes with how one perceives reality.” ~Vithu Jeyaloganathan

“Identity is such a crucial affair that one shouldn't rush into it.” ~David Quammen

4 comments:

  1. When your identity slips, it's because it's a false one falling off, like ill fitting shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I weave in and out of identity crises like a motorcycle moves through sluggish traffic. I have to question what I've made of my life if I'm to have a say in who I become.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the question is superficial, sometimes it is deep, patience is a virtue, give it time to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be elusive... especially for creative people.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin