Living a 'Beautiful' Life
1. having beauty; having qualities that give great pleasure or satisfaction to see, hear, think about, etc.; delighting the senses or mind: a beautiful dress; a beautiful speech.
2. excellent of its kind: a beautiful putt on the seventh hole; The chef served us a beautiful roast of beef.
3. wonderful; very pleasing or satisfying.
4. the concept of beauty (usually prec. by the).
5. (used with a plural verb) beautiful things or people collectively (usually prec. by the): the good and the beautiful.
6. the ideal of beauty (usually prec. by the): to strive to attain the beautiful.
7. wonderful; fantastic: You got two front-row seats? Beautiful!
8. extraordinary; incredible: used ironically: Your car broke down in the middle of the freeway? Beautiful!
Beauty. It is all around. Look. Find it.
“He lowered the window, and looked out at the rising sun. There was a ridge of ploughed land, with a plough upon it where it had been left last night when the horses were unyoked; beyond, a quiet coppice-wood, in which many leaves of burning red and golden yellow still remained upon the trees. Though the earth was cold and wet, the sky was clear, and the sun rose bright, placid, and beautiful.” ~Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
Sunrise. Morning dew on a spider web. Exotic Fruits. Fog laced through a forest. Expressions of Love. Flowers. Children laughing. Shadows. Ocean waves crashing on a rocky shore. Rainbows. Honesty. Fruit salad. Glistening gems. Stars. Bollywood movies. Sharing. Bravery. Peanut butter and Jelly. Storytime. Confidence. Festivals. Time. Fall leaves. People. Color. Dripping icicles. Music in every manifestation. Honor. Twinkling fireflies. Cityscapes. Rain showers. Sleeping babies. Art. Kisses. Clouds. Learning. Broadway. Laundry blowing in the breeze. Wisdom. Street vendors. Notebooks. Goodbyes. National Geographic. Waterfalls. Books. Marmalade on toast. Smiles. Fresh strawberries. Generosity. The Northern Lights. Dancing. Balloons. Masqued balls. Christmas decorations. Islands. Lighthouses in the dark. The wind in the trees. Compliments. Long walks. Shakespeare. New car smell. Snowflakes. Handwritten letters. Herbs. Friendships. Sunset.
The fact that this list could go forever … that is beautiful.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it may become necessary from time to time go give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." ~Miss Piggy, Muppet (Thank you to A.T. for the quote)