Monday Mosaic #8 – Infatuation


Okay, I admit. This is shallow. Still … look closer. While these men are definitely easy on the eyes it is the characters not the actors with whom I find myself inexplicably attracted. Most of these crushes originated through literature before the big screen. Disclaimer: I excluded the wonderful characters from The Lord of the Rings because I could make a single mosaic out of those guys … Aragorn, Legolas, Boromir, Faramir, Eomer … yeah, I’m in love with them all. Pitiful. I know.



1. Aaaaah! Erik (aka: The Phantom of the Opera). Okay, so I know that I’m SO not supposed to be infatuated with him … but I can’t help it. Occasionally I yell at the TV while watching the movie, “Don’t pick Raul! What are you thinking?” I know. The result never changes. I admit that I read the book by Gaston Leroux. Yes, there is a book that was the inspiration for Andrew Lloyd Webber’s musical. If you love the musical – don’t read the book. Trust me. Why? Well, to be honest, the book Raul is a whiny, bratty, blubbering, sniveling little twit. I was already in love with Erik but reading the book simply cemented Raul’s role as the ultimate pansy. Weak. He is weak. I don’t do weak men. Sorry.

2. Rick O’Connell. This would be the one character in the mosaic not based from literature. I watched the third installment of The Mummy series this weekend and, yes, I still love Rick O’Connell. "I am a stranger traveling from the West; it is I whom you seek." ~The Mummy Returns, Film (2001) - Yes. Yes, you are.

3. Well known fact: I read a lot of English Literature. Little known fact: Clive Cussler’s Dirk Pitt series is my version of brain candy. Matthew McConnaughey playing Dirk Pitt on film was merely the icing on my cake although I pictured his hair a little bit blacker and his eyes a little bit greener … but overall, yeah – I’m not complaining.

4. Mr. Darcy from Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice: proof positive that I am, in fact, a hopeless romantic. I had a cat named Mr. Darcy once. My name is Elizabeth. I loved that feline.

5. Bond, James Bond. Yes, I have read many of the books. He may be a man-whore … but he’s BOND!!!!

6. Benedick! How can a girl resist? I am completely infatuated with his wit and his sarcasm. He is, by far, the most attractive male character penned by William Shakespeare. Romeo? Romeo, who?

7. Oh … c’mon … this is me we are talking about. You had to know that a comic book character was forthcoming. The Bruce Wayne/Batman character has always been my favorite super hero. Why? Think about it. The man has absolutely NO super powers whatsoever. He has his mind and a lot of cool gadgets but he is wonderfully human.

8. Robin Hood. What is there not to love about a guy who steals from the rich and gives to the poor … and has killer aim with a bow and arrow?

9. I wonder how many books/series I have that center around the legend that is King Arthur? I would have to count. I have a lot of them and I’ve read even more. He fascinates me.

I have brought you,
That our passions may fuse and merge
In your mind you've already succumbed to me,
Dropped all defenses,
Completely succumbed to me.
Now you are here with me
No second thoughts
You've decided
Decided.

Past the point of no return
No backward glances
Our games of make-believe are at an end.

Past all thought of “if” or “when”
No use resisting
Abandon thought and let the dream descend.

~Past the Point of No Return, The Phantom of the Opera

4 comments:

  1. I love when Kenneth Branagh says: "The world must be peopled!"

    Love it....and him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. My favorite? "I wish my horse had the speed of your tongue!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got good taste in men. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. musing ~ Good taste and high standards ... even higher post divorce. Hence, I'm single. Oh well. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin