Keeping Tabs

My mother reads my blog. I'm quite sure my father only reads it when my mother stumbles across something exceptionally amusing or really, really, really disturbing to her and then she forces asks him to read what I've composed for that particular day. Still, I am convinced that the quote below accurately demonstrates exactly why my mother reads what I write. She is keeping tabs on me since I am not the best with daily communication.

"It's a funny thing when one's parents use one's blog posts to verify that one is still alive and healthy." ~
Music and Cats


Personally, I chalk my non-communicative behavior up to spending a number of years on the opposite side of the planet from the parental units and not being able to afford to call every day and when letters ... yes - letters ... those things that involve pen and paper ... took two weeks to travel from point A (USA) to point B (Kenya).

Two thumbs up to
Blogtations where I found the quote. Blogtations is one of the greatest sites in the grand blogsphere for finding great blogger quotes. If you haven't stopped by for a visit yet ... well, then - shame on you. There is a pretty awesome contest over there this week too. You should take a peek.

7 comments:

  1. If I was a parent I would feel nervous of reading my offspring's blogs. One might find out more than one would like to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote! I'm so glad you picked it.

    My mom reads my blog, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "whether dead or alive, there will always be a parent peering over the shoulder"
    Anon.

    "He was a well balanced lad. A chip on both shoulders"
    Unknown.

    :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom wants me to call often, but she wouldn't read my "blob" as she calls it, if someone hit her. She thinks it's boring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If mine read mine, I would be legally incarcerated, or at least they would try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a sweet post. Before my mom died,
    She always complained that I never stayed in touch, and would worry because she didn't even know if I was in the country at any given time, or sick, of overwhelmed with marriage and family life or simply having a break down.

    Before my last trip to Africa, I bought her a computer and started a blog just so she could keep tabs. It was not the best substitute of good old fashioned communicating from a parents point a view but....at least I tried. It made her feel a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine would force-feed me Valium if she read mine.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin