Summer What???




Well, the full extent of my summer vacation will begin after work tomorrow … all four days of it. Yep, four WHOLE days. Is the dripping sarcasm coming through loud and clear? Summer vacation. What summer vacation? Four days is not a vacation. Such is the state of my life. I intend to enjoy my time off hanging with my little people … getting in a little swimming … and refusing to think about the office. Well then, that’s that.

“Summer afternoon - summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” ~Dame Edith Wharton

6 comments:

  1. I would love four days off in a row to settle to my own rhythms for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My students and I were discussing vacations..I told them the norm in France is five weeks. They were shocked and appalled. Five weeks was too long, they said. Too much time wasted. One week of vacation was enough. "What about recharging your batteries? Resting? Traveling? Pursuing your hobby?" That could all be done in one week, they insisted. I guess I'll never be Korean...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your summer break, Beth. Swim and relax. Make every second count :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. z ~ It is rare ... even four days, so I take it where I can get it.

    bybee ~ I do so wish I lived in Europe. *sigh*

    mellifluous ~ I will enjoy it as much as possible!! Thanks! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I take days off any way I can get em... A properly timed 3 day weekend can make me really happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. todd ~ Kudos to you. I should. I don't. If I could make a living by my pen I would likely work less. As it is - I'm quite the workaholic. Boo.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin