Disclaimer




I will not blog about politics. There it is. Simply put.

My refusal to write about the current political situation does not mean that I do not care that this is an election year here in the United States. I care. I am an American. The right to vote is a responsibility and I have voted in every election since I turned eighteen. I do not vote party lines. I have voted Democrat. I have voted Republican. I will not vote for Obama simply because he has ties to Kenya. I will not vote for McCain simply because he is a war hero. I will vote my conscience based on the information I have gathered about each candidate and their respective running mates. I will not listen to celebrity endorsements for they mean nothing to me. I will, however, vote. I WILL VOTE!

As for the blogging … there are a lot of bloggers out their putting in their two cents. If you want to read about politics there will be no shortage of sources for you to peruse in mainstream media outlets and the grand blogosphere. Have fun. Learn as much as you can. If you are an American … please vote. This will be the last you hear from me on the subject: Vote. VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!


“Those who stay away from the election think that one vote will do no good: 'Tis but one step more to think one vote will do no harm.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 comments:

  1. Amen, sistah!

    If you don't vote, you sacrifice your right to whine about the government for the next four years. Personally, I deeply value my right to whine and will do what's necessary to preserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm supposed to close on this apartment on 10/01 but can't be a legal resident of South Carolina, where my vote would count fully, in time for the election

    I have tried to have them delay the closing but they consider my reasoning "frivolous" They being my lesbian realtors who fear for their rights...

    I can use my NY address at the closing, o I guess this will be a very e_pensive election for me as I might fly in for two days--scared of an absentee ballot

    I hate politics or writing about it but sometmes!

    I think people should take their news from the sources as much as possile--then Jon Stewart or David Letterman. But that's just me

    Very good post--every well put

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got the important part down, Beth. As usual.

    Vote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what you say about not talking politics on my blog. Except that you sort of are talking politics. But I get what you are saying.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin