Meme Schmeme


"Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can't buy more hours. Scientists can't invent new minutes. And you can't save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you've wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow." ~Denis Waitely

It is a pitiful thing when one has too much time during the standard workday and not enough work to fill it. The clock moves painfully slow: d...r...a...g...g...i...n...g from 0800 until 1600 while yours truly spends at least six of those hours trying to pretend to be busy these days. It is tiring actually. I would prefer to be busy, busy, busy so that the time can fly by. It is sad since I can not take some of those hours from my place of employment and spend them doing my other job (mommy) where I never seem to have enough hours in a day.

There was a time when I spent these slow business days typing and writing and composing, but lately I seem to have run out of words or inspiration. So, today I bring you another meme based off the alphabet system. I do not remember where I found the thing and I do not intend on tagging anyone ... this is merely a means of keeping me writing and helping me to fill some time while at my desk this fabulous Friday.



Accent:
It is probably time that I admit to having a wee bit of a twang ... a good 'ole Southern twang. Ugh. By local Arkansas comparison I have no accent. Those who live farther north of me here in the U.S. claim to being able to hear a bit of the 'Southern Belle' in me. I fight it. I have no desire to sound like Scarlett O'Hara. Hell, I haven't even watched 'Gone With the Wind' in probably ten years and I still know I do not sound THAT bad.

Booze:
No, thank you. Oh, I am not opposed to a glass of wine or a cocktail here or there but, you see, the thing is ... booze + bipolar meds = not so smart combination. There you go.

Chore I Hate:
This will seem silly, but I do not mind doing laundry. I do not even mind folding the stuff. It is the putting away that gets on my nerves. I abhor having to wander around the house putting all the piles in their designated drawers or closets. Don't ask me why. I simply hate it. I used to dislike the entire laundry process but I seem to have overcome that fact in recent years.

Dogs/Cats:
What about them? Do I prefer one over the other? Do I own dog? No. Do I own a cat? No. I have, however, had more cats over the years ... I think. I do love animals though and would love to have one or the other right now but I can not in this particular apartment. They like me too. If I were to have a super power it would be some manifestation of animal communication. I am no Dr. Dolittle but animals and I seem to understand one another somehow.

Essential Electronics:
Oooooh ... um ... I do not know if I could ever really unplug fully ever again. I heart electronics. I have to have my cell phone. I do not have home phone service ... just two cells. Cheaper. Believe me. One goes with me everywhere. The other stays at my apartment and masquerades as a home phone. My iPod. My laptop. My DVD player and TV. Yeah - I do not want to give up any of them up right now.

Favorite Perfume/Cologne:
A perfume snob I am not. Honestly. I have no favorite in this category. In general I like light clean scents ... nothing overbearing.

Gold & Silver:
Both. I do have a gold Africa pendant that stays on most of the time ... but I have more silver rings ... so I have to switch up the looks from time to time. You know that comment I made about the perfume? Yeah? Well, I'm not a jewelry snob either. I know that isn't a particularly "girlie" fact about me, but then ... that's me.

Hometown:
Home? Town? I reside in Arkadonothin' Arkadelphia, AR. Home? For now, I guess. [She says with great reluctance.] Town? Yeah - small and boring, but yeah - it's a town. Hometown? Not really. Where do I come from? I still claim Tigoni, Kenya.

Insomnia:
Way too often the stealer of sleep and I are walking hand in hand like lovers who have grown comfortable in each other's presence.

Job Title:
Current? Former? All of the above? Mother. Travel Agent. Concierge. Friend. Bookkeeper. Account manager. Ex. Secretary. Daughter. Bank Teller. Assistant. Take your pick.

Kids:
Two: Big K & Little K. I love my children. I do not do so well with other children. It isn't that I don't like them ... well, it's hard to explain. I don't have to justify myself so I am not going to try.

Living Arrangements:
Not ideal. Single, working mother with two children in a small two-bedroom apartment. Things could be better. Someday.

Most Admired Trait:
Me? I do not know. Maybe I should ask someone. Actually, my most admired trait is also probably my most hated misunderstood: honesty. Sometimes I can be a little to blunt. Brutally so. Not all the time ... but often.

Neurotic Tendencies:
I am quite obsessive about color-coding things in my work environment. Seriously. Do not mess with the colored, dated files.

Overnight Hospital Stays:
Four? I think. If there were others ... I've blocked them from memory. I do not particularly care for hospitals in general. They stink.
1) Birth, 1974, San Antonio, TX, USA
2) Measles, 1993, Nairobi Hospital, Kenya
3) Childbirth, Big K, 1995, Baptist Hospital, Arkadelphia, AR, USA
4) Childbirth, Little K, 2000, Johnston-Willis Hospital, Midlothian, VA, USA

Phobia:
Violent thunderstorms. I know. I'm a pansy. Leave me alone.

Quote:
Hee! Hee! Hee! Hee! Hee! Hee! Hee! Hee! Hee! Hee! Hee! Hee! I'm supposed to pick just one aren't I? Oh my gosh. Um ...

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary." ~Sir Cecil Beaton

... is just one of the many I try to remember every single day in my own life. I guess that would make it a favorite. Wait. It just says "quote" up there. I just assumed it referenced a favorite quote. My bad. I could have written anything. Oh well.

Religion:
What about it? Honestly, I do not care for the word. Don't get me wrong. I am a Christian. I believe I am saved by grace. If that makes me "religious" then so be it.

Siblings:
I have an older brother. I love him though he can be a bit of a loon at times.

Time I Usually Wake Up:
The alarm goes off at 0630 during the week. I get up, shower, wake the boys, feed the boys, drop them and school and drive to work. Somewhere around 1100 I actually wake up and begin to comprehend what is going on around me.

Unusual Talent:
Let's see, I can do ... no, no I can't. What about the ... no, not skilled in that either. I don't know. This is a hard one. Pass.

Vegetable I Refuse To Eat:
Canned asparagus has to be the nastiest thing ever. I love fresh asparagus, but the canned stuff ... yeah, I will never make that mistake again. I would rather offend someone then eat that if placed in front of me.

Worst Habit:
I've covered this before in some of my other random blogs. I interrupt people when they are talking to me. I don't do it on purpose. I promise. I am not so rude that I consciously make an effort to do it. I am not so vain that I love to hear the sound of my own voice above all else. I simply like to talk and I get caught up in conversations and accidentally interrupt people. I am aware of this habit and that is the first step in solving it, right?

X-Rays:
Teeth. I don't think I have ever had an x-ray for anything else.

Yummy Foods I Make:
I'm a decent cook but the one thing I bake really, really well is chocolate chip cookies. People beg me to make them so I am assuming they are great.

Zodiac Sign:
I am a lovely LEO. ROAR!

3 comments:

  1. LOL on W.
    Another step after the first and you are making progress.

    This does sound like fun... I think I'll tag myself. Do I have to use the words on yours or do I get to pick my own from the alphabet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. kk ~ There are no rules ... feel free to make up your own! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont even want to imagine what canned asparagus tastes like...

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin