Monday Mosaic #13 - Winter's Butterfly


The snowflake. Winter's Butterfly. My favorite shape. Ironic, really, since I absolutely detest cold weather. Still, I love snowflakes which is why a snowflake is part of my tattoo (see right). The cross is simple. It represents my faith. The snowflake represents the fragility of that faith should I attempt to go through this life on my own as well as the purity of Christ. There you go.


“Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand-and melting like a snowflake...” ~Sir Francis Bacon


All pictures taken from: http://www.partow.net/miscellaneous/snowflakes.html


Snowflakes
Cascading crystals dance a windblown waltz
intrinsically drifting downward to obscurity;
coldly conducted by whimsical accord to dance
in unique unity and the icy common conviction
of a wasteful demise thru jagged sting on skin.
©2008 BT



7 comments:

  1. I like how you wove the cross & snowflake, nice.

    So I know you're a Bourdain fan like me and I read his buddy, Ruhlman's blog too...check out the pics of Tony and his note back to Ruhlman - http://blog.ruhlman.com/

    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Those pics are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowflakes are incredible structures. I can never quite understand how they come to be so perfect and so intricate. Lovely pics – and nice tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to devise a setup with which I could look closely at the snowflakes outside with some sort of "refrigerated glass surface" to keep them from melting while I watched under magnification. But this would probably suffer from the uncertainty principle wherein the closer one got to observe, the more likely the body heat would tend to melt that being observed.

    Oh well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. Wondering where you are, my prolific friend?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are pretty. Actually, I have been at the AR Hospitality Association trade show for a few days. Home now. Will write something soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to it. Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin