Monday Mosiac #11 - Love of Books



“There are many little ways to enlarge your child’s world. Love of books is the best of all.” ~Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, American First Lady

I learned to love books … stories … very early in my life. Here are a few children’s classics that are a mere sampling of my many favorites:





1. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
2. Oh, the Places You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss
3. “Stand Back,” Said the Elephant, “I’m Going to Sneeze!” by Patricia Thomas
4. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett
5. Bringing the Rain to Kapiti Plain by Verna Aardema
6. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
7. Noah’s Ark by Peter Spier (This book has the greatest illustrations!)
8. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
9. The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams

“You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.”

~Dr. Seuss, Oh the Places You’ll Go

4 comments:

  1. Fred Gwynne's
    A Chocolate Moose for Dinner, The King Who Rained, A Little Pigeon Toad.

    And I much preferred the Sneetches from Seuss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sneetches. The Lorax is another of my favorites from Dr. Seuss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the captain, get out your book and steer the course.

    I don't remember any books from childhood, not sure I had any, sad either way, but you can't have everything I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this blog!

    Ceallach ~

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin