Monday Mosiac #11 - Love of Books
“There are many little ways to enlarge your child’s world. Love of books is the best of all.” ~Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, American First Lady
I learned to love books … stories … very early in my life. Here are a few children’s classics that are a mere sampling of my many favorites:
1. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
2. Oh, the Places You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss
3. “Stand Back,” Said the Elephant, “I’m Going to Sneeze!” by Patricia Thomas
4. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett
5. Bringing the Rain to Kapiti Plain by Verna Aardema
6. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
7. Noah’s Ark by Peter Spier (This book has the greatest illustrations!)
8. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
9. The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams
“You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.”
~Dr. Seuss, Oh the Places You’ll Go