Night Gathered on Me





There comes a mildly repetitive time in my life where I am so immensely frustrated with every aspect of my existence. This feeling resurfaces once a year or perhaps every two. Sometimes it is merely a nagging at the back of my mind. Other times, like now, I am consumed. I tend to question most decisions made, both past and present. I ask how I came to be where I am. I wallow a little in regret. For those of you near me . . . I apologize for my melancholy. This is a sobering period for me. It is a period of strengthening. I will be fine. I just need a little time.

". . . the shadows of our own desires stand between us and our better angels, and thus their brightness is eclipsed." ~Charles Dickens

It was a long and gloomy night that gathered on me, haunted by the ghosts of many hopes, of many dear remembrances, many errors, many unavailing sorrows and regrets. ~Charles Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin