Acute Viral Nasopharyngitis





Huh? In other words … I have contracted a common cold. I woke this morning and immediately cursed the state of my head: congestion, sore throat, sneezing … the works. Still, I am at work. Ugh. I have switched from the guzzling of my morning coffee to the drinking of herbal tea with lemon. Head might still explode. Possibly.

"That it is common admits of no dispute. But why cold? Is it because we feel chilly when we have a cold or because chilling brings it on (or is supposed to do so) or because the infection is commoner during the cold time of the year?" ~Sir Christopher Andrewes, The Common Cold


2 comments:

  1. Ah, sorry to hear you have this dratted cold! Make a curry – plenty of pepper and garlic – it will make you feel a bit better (speaking from experience.)

    Get well soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry...hope you feel better quick Beth!

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin