I Need A Nap




Summer. What about it? I was awake all summer long, that’s what. Seriously. Insomnia. There was little rest or sleep for me over the summer months.

Fall. What about it? I want to sleep … all the time, that’s what. My body has waved goodbye to insomnia and immediately traversed from one extreme to the other. I feel borderline narcoleptic. I could easily take a nap at any given time during the hours that I am supposed to be awake and still not have trouble sleeping at night. This makes the drudgery of l … o … n … g, boring days at work much more difficult than usual. Not only do I have to fake being busy … I have to fake being alert when, in actuality, if I allow my eyes to close – I will be asleep inside of thirty seconds.

Nap often, so you'll be completely relaxed at bedtime. ~Jim Davis, Garfield Creator

3 comments:

  1. How odd, Beth. I do sympathise, being someone who knows insomnia all too well.

    I hope your body finds a middle ground soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Wishing you some decent sleep as well ... despite your cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! Wishing you some decent sleep as well ... despite your cold.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin