Walk Out Of Your History





I have a new reader to my blog. Yes, I know exactly who you are. Surprised?

My blog tracking statistics provide me general information … number of visitors, IP addresses, locations … that sort of thing … and I am always thrilled to welcome a new curious soul into the family.

To all my other readers … or new visitors: You are MOST welcome! You may not want to read all of this post, but you are always welcome here.

To my new reader: Didn’t your mother ever teach you that the wound will never heal if you keep picking that scab?

See – I have quite the powers of deductive reasoning and I repeat: I know exactly who you are. You are not a random reader. You are not a friend. You are not family. You are not a kindred online blogging spirit with similar interests. You did not stumble across my writing through a search engine or a link from another blogger’s site. In fact, not only do I know who you are but, courtesy of my trusty tracking system, I know exactly what you are reading. I know each and every one of my entries that seem to have attracted your attention. Here’s the rub … I’m flattered you find me so incredibly fascinating, but my little ramblings should be of absolutely no interest to you. My life (past, present, or future) should be of absolutely no interest to you. None. Zero. Zilch. Obviously you disagree. So, as long as you continue to visit and revisit and … revisit … let me share with you two little words of advice: LET GO.

“Stand up and walk out of your history.” ~ Dr. Phil


“To let go isn’t to forget, not to think about, or ignore. It doesn’t leave feelings of anger, jealousy, or regret. Letting go isn’t about winning or losing. It’s not about pride and it’s not about how you appear, and it’s not obsessing or dwelling on the past. Letting go isn’t blocking memories or thinking sad thoughts, and doesn’t leave emptiness, hurt, or sadness. It’s not about giving in or giving up. Letting go isn’t about loss and it’s not about defeat. To let go is to cherish the memories, but to overcome and move on. It is having an open mind confidence in the future. Letting go is learning and experiencing and growing. To let go is to be thankful for the experiences that made you laugh, made you cry, and made you grow. It’s about all that you have, all that you had, and all that you will soon gain. Letting go is having the courage to accept change, and the strength to keep moving.” ~Unknown

In all seriousness: stand up … quit picking the scab … let the wounds heal … walk out of your history – and, for your own sanity, stay out of my future. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Oh Yeah !?
    Can your tracker tell you what I'm watching on my TV right now ?
    Can it ? can it ?

    Merry Christmas,

    José

    P.S. you have some great poetry at your other blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! HA! That was great. Feliz Natal to you as well. Thank you for the compliment on the poetry. I should write more ... but I do not force it.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin