Beth in the Abstract


Recognition of computer generated art is new for me. The “Wow!” factor has been there for quite some time, but genuine appreciation for the medium has grown on me quite significantly in recent months. An image generated electronically still requires a human eye during its creation that is keenly in tune with shape and color and shadow.

Today I was introduced to the art of
David and Teresa Silverthorn by my online friend Lisa who posted the Lisa moniker piece from ‘The People’ collection and, as luck would have it, they also have piece a titled Beth:


Obviously this artwork was not created for me, but I happen to like it. The colors are deep and rich… not a vomitous touch of pastel anywhere. It is intricate and complex and layered and strangely twisted, not unlike moi.

“Abstract painting is abstract. It confronts you. There was a reviewer a while back who wrote that my pictures didn't have any beginning or any end. He didn't mean it as a compliment, but it was.” ~Jackson Pollock

4 comments:

  1. You're right, the Beth pic is very cool.... and a great post.Thanks too for the mention. You must be dazed from all this web design today!

    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true. That mandala was not made for you.

    But this one was...

    http://earthaccount.wordpress.com/the-people/beth-2/

    Compliments of Teresa Silverthorn @ Earth Account

    ReplyDelete
  3. As beautiful in the abstract, as you are in the representational... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa ~ A little dazed, maybe. It gave me something to do.

    Teresa ~ I don't squeal, but I might make an exception in this case. THANK YOU! I *love* it.

    John ~ You are too sweet.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin