My Mandala

Yesterday I posted a mandala titled Beth by Teresa Silverthorn and commented that, though it had not been made for me, I loved its colors and intricacies. That particular mandala is now titled Beth G for whom it was originally created because Teresa found her way to my post and created one of my very own… and I adore it. This is my Beth:



It resembles, to me (because art is wonderfully subjective), a beautified version of the chambers of the human heart… from the inside. I see electrical impulses relaying their messages. I see the beat. I feel the rhythm. This, my friends, is what draws me into different artistic mediums.

Art. I love it.

Everything in creation has its appointed painter or poet and remains in bondage like the princess in the fairy tale 'til its appropriate liberator comes to set it free. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 comments:

  1. No idea what a mandala is (I thought post was about Mandela at first :P ) but I must agree that that's beautiful.

    It looked to me like a butterfly; obscured and tortured but still beautiful and ready, at any moment, to shake the weights off her wings and take flight once more.

    How I'd love to have a stained glass representation on my largest sitting room window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mo ~ A stained glass version would be beautiful. Look 2 posts back at the first one I put up. That one does looks like a butterfly to me.

    Dori ~ I know! I was so surprised. My kids are jealous. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post and a lovely description. Though a personal interpretation of what you see in your pattern, I am not sure I could describe in any different way. It is life, and life is the hears of the matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ZACL ~ Thank you ... and thank you for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is that Beth! It really is beautiful, I love it.

    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looked at the old one and it resembled, to my eyes, a Tse-tse fly. Art truly is subjective.

    Reminds me of my visit to the Louvre last year; I was COMPLETELY transfixed by the Winged Victory of the Samothrace and looked up at it, from various angles, for half an hour. In my momentary fervour, I couldn't comprehend why the other patrons would give it a cursory glance or perhaps take a picture or two before homing in on the Mona Lisa elsewhere (which, BTW, I gazed upon for barely a minute at when I got to it).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa ~ I know! I was completely surprised.

    Mo ~ It is official. We are kindred spirits of a sort. I ***adore*** that sculpture. ADORE IT! I first saw the Mona Lisa when I was 12 and I was so disappointed by it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything about this blog is beautiful - there's almost a vibration when it comes up on the screen. Photos, quotes, your writing. Sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sublime? Lovely. One of my favorite words. Thank you, Frances!

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin