Stealing Saturday

There are a number of things I should could be doing right now. Dishes. Laundry. Cleaning. Preparing for the oncoming onslaught that will occur when my boys get back from their dad’s and force me into holiday d├ęcor submission. Something. But, I’m not. Obviously. I’m not alone, it would seem, for Avitable actually created a survey on this post-holiday Saturday. And, since I’m procrastinating anyway… well, you get the idea.

Just pick the first word that you think of when you associate yourself with that category. Don't overthink it.

If I was a/an _____, I'd be ______.

TV show: My Boys
Song: No Rain by Blind Melon
Movie: Bend it Like Beckham
Book: Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Fictional Character:
Lara Croft
City: London
Verb: Regret
Color: Black
Animal: Cheetah
Emotion: Torment
Article of Clothing: T-shirt
Flavor: Sour
Food: Curry
Vice: Doubt
Plant: Flame Tree
Mythological Animal: Sphinx
Letter: Q
Inanimate Object: iPod
School Activity: Yearbook
Positive Attribute: Stubbornness
Negative Attribute: Stubbornness

That’s that. I’m off to find something else to do in an effort to not do what I need to do.

Procrastination is the thief of time. ~Edward Young

6 comments:

  1. I do like that stubbornness is both positive and negative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edward Young lived in Oxford Uk like I do.

    I guess procrastination must be a local malaise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done some amazing things in my life--mostly whilst procrastinating on something else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avitable ~ It has served me well and not so well.

    Bob ~ Hmmmm... somehow I do not equate Oxford with chronic procrastination. Would that be a malaise of the locals and not the multitude of hard working students for, surely, they would NEVER procrastinate on their studies.

    Dori ~ I conquered the dishes. I think that was quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Procrastination is my middle name. I too am sitting here, blogging whilst I should/could be doing a million other things that need to get done.
    I'm more of a "last minute" type of girl. I've embraced my dysfunction... LOL
    Great post.
    I love your list ~ says alot about how truly amazing you are.
    Sorry, I haven't been around to visit you lately. Trying to catch up with everyone now.
    Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely distraction from the grime of daily living. I'll have to do that one. Though I'll probably jabber more than you did. (Takes up more time, doncha know.)

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin