Grabowo Wielkie

The Scream by Edvard Munch

Do you see what happens when I come out to play? I get tagged. The lovely and vibrant Andrea is bringing back a quote meme. Of course, with the “q” word involved… how could I not join in?

Utilizing the
random option on the much-utilized-in-my-world The Quotations Page find five quotes (from this page only) that you think reflect who you are or what you believe. Repost and tag five friends. Tagging is, as always, optional. I’m not a tagger… which just made me chuckle. If you know my last name then you will understand. Maybe.


“Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

God bless Emerson.

“I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions.” ~Dorothy Day

More than words, people. More. Than. Words. (The song is stuck in your brainPod now, isn’t it? HA! I win.)

“A painting in a museum hears more ridiculous opinions than anything else in the world.” ~Edmond de Goncourt

Probably true. Think about what Mona Lisa has to endure every day. “But, it’s so small.” “Why is she looking at me like that?” “Who painted this?” People are stupid. I work in hospitality and I hear more than my share of ridiculous opinions each and every day. This qualifies me to say, “People are stupid.”

“Food is the most primitive form of comfort.” ~Sheila Graham

Indeed… and I am fat. Comforted? Not so much. Primitive? No comments from the peanut gallery, please.

“Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.” ~Ovid

“Yaaaawn,” sayeth the insomniac.


While reviewing the random quotes offered to me today, I remembered another meme that utilized the same page in a much different… far more artistic way. So, lucky you, I’m giving you that one as well. This one is more fun and I get to be creative.

I’m forming a band. Random? Yes. Considering I am accomplished at no instrument and no one wants to hear me sing. Through the random power of the internet I will find my band name, album title and photo for the album cover. Combine for general awesomeness using photoshop or some such software. There is only one rule: No refreshing the links. Work with what you are given.

Let’s make my band. You play along too…

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random <--- The first article title is the name of your band.


2. http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3 <--- The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album. (See? This is still the same page I used for the quotes above. Cool.)


3. http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/ <--- The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover. Like I said, combine your photo with the band name and title and post it for the world to see. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you GRABOWO WIELKIE!!

4 comments:

  1. love the emerson and the dorothy day.

    also love being called lovely and vibrant :-) that made my saturday sunny!

    i have to find the one i did for the band meme - i LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool...it sounds like a foreign band and I love the cover....

    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Emmerson quote is a favorite. I like the history behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post!!!

    All hail Emerson ~ one of my fav's by far.
    You're so amazing ;)

    Love the band idea.
    I'll let you know what I come up with.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin