The Sound of Silence

What my private journals know, that you don't, is that a lot of this has been taking place on the inside of me lately:


Screaming.
The screams from the recesses of my mind refuse to be ignored.
My dreams will be heard.

I have been drowning in the familiar… the same-o same-o… the mediocrity of going through the motions for months and when I chose “buck” as my word of the year for 2010 I didn’t anticipate my subconscious taking it over and forcing change on me. I should have, but I didn’t. The absurdity of it all is that I thrive on change. I always have. Why then have I not been creating change for myself? It’s a mystery. There is a lot happening for me right now… much I must digest. I’m trying to chew slowly instead of swallowing new developments whole and choking on my own life.

I’ll be back soon and will probably bring all my change with me. In the meantime, this is what me being silent sounds like.

“You can't stop change any more than you can stop the suns from setting.” ~Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace (1999)




Photo credit: yell saccani on Flickr.

2 comments:

  1. Scream on, sister! Scream on!

    ha, ha...word verification...abilate:
    What Arnold whines when he's stuck in traffic..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwahahaha! I just saw this somehow. Tsk tsk... mocking the Aaaahnold. =)

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin