Blooming?


As I was visiting the parental units this weekend… I went to their church Sunday morning. I’ve met many a person there before but during the “meet and greet” (AKA: “How ya’ll doin’?” or “LOOK! Visitors!!”) portion of the service an elderly lady I have never seen wandered slowly down the row where she stopped and shook the hand of my seventeen year old nephew and then the hand of Big K and then the hand of Little K. “Welcome. Welcome. Welcome.” she said to each of them as she passed by and then, as she reached me... “You are SUCH a beautiful girl.”

I wept.

“The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.” ~Mulan (1998)


Photo credit: wied qirda on Flickr.

4 comments:

  1. That's what I call an angelic message, sent to remind you of what you already know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing? Others often see what we can't. Now maybe YOU will see it too. Because you ARE beautiful. Inside. Outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth you are beautiful and I wish you saw it that way!

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin