Tea & Questions


I'm not an actor. I don't even play one on TV. :) But, I am a big fan of ‘Inside the Actors Studio’. James Lipton is nothing short of brilliant and those he chooses to interview inevitably appear more human and less celebrity while they are on his stage. Much of his success lies in the simplicity of his approach. This includes the questionnaire he incorporates into each interview. And, as I will never sit on that particular stage, much as I will never have my Proust questionnaire published in Vanity Fair, I shall force my answers upon you here:

What is your favorite word?
Conundrum.

What is your least favorite word?
Never.

“For just when ideas fail, a word comes in to save the situation.” ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Creatively? Tattoos.
Spiritually? Belief.
Emotionally? Authenticity.

Yes, I know the question elicited one response with that little "or" word. I chose to mentally substitute "and" so I could answer all three.

What turns you off?
Ignorance.

What is your favorite curse word?
Sonofabitch. One word. It’s a trait I share with LOST’s
prolific “Sonofabitch!” user Sawyer.

What sound or noise do you love?
Ocean waves on the shore. Gentle waves. Crashing waves.

What sound or noise do you hate?
Teeth + Metal Fork + Scraping = Give me that fork and let me stab you with it.

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Travel show host. Travel writer. Professional traveler… go with the theme. Any of those will do nicely.

What profession would you not like to do?
I’ve worked in hospitality for many a moon and I’ve traveled much in my life. I’m confident that one of the lowest paying yet undeniably worst jobs on the planet is that of a hotel housekeeper.

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
“Ahhh! Here you are… to argue with me in person; but, here you are nonetheless.” [Dear theology saturated friends… let that go. Just let it go.]

2 comments:

  1. Conundrum is an excellent word.

    Love these answers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really just hope God gives me a high five... or even better... a fist bump.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin