Today Is Not The Day For Surprises…


If you jump out at me from a bush or from behind a tree then I will not be responsible for my Buffy-esque super strength and mega awesome ninja moves. Also, I need the wooden stake that resides in my purse to remain in my possession. Were you to startle me in such a manner then it would have to go live in a police evidence locker after being removed from your chest. It is of no use to me there. If I’m going to prison for your stupidity then “Mr. Stabby” is getting smuggled in with me.

“Surprises are foolish things. The pleasure is not enhanced, and the inconvenience is often considerable.” ~Jane Austen

3 comments:

  1. I think Mr. Knightley and Buffy Summers would get along very well, don't you?

    I always thought my dislike of surprises was a personal failing. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absiposolutely!

    Personal failing? I think not. A bit of a hindrance on the fun meter, perhaps, but not a failing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw your tweet about your 10th grader. Have one of those myself. Enjoying your blog. Well done. Had a chuckle about surprises, Buffy and a J.A. quote.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin