Blessed(?) Are Those Who Persevere

Photo © Arpad Scott

“Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” ~Newt Gingrich

It’s that time of year again. No, not the holidays. Although… I’m more than a little “Bah! Humbug!” about those this year as well. It is apparently time for my annual(ish) I-don’t-want-to-work-another-day-in-my-life funk.

I don’t really have a choice in the matter. I have to work. I’ve always had to work.

It isn’t that I abhor my job. Most of the time it’s quite pleasant… as jobs go… if a bit less challenging than I would prefer. I’m employed. I’m thankful for it. I don’t make a lot. At all. Still, my bills are (usually) paid. The boys can eat… and eat… and “Okay! Stop eating!” They understand the “No, I can’t buy that for you today or ever.” concept. Are they always happy about it? Of course not. But, they get it. We have enough.

The point here is that, and I know I have vented about this previously, it would be lovely if I had the choice to work or not work. I get bored easily. Because of this lovely trait of personality, I have assumed throughout the years that, given the choice of working parent or stay-at-home mom (which is a far more serious working parent gig sans paycheck), I would still go to work... for my own sanity. Now, I’m not so sure. I am so bloody tired. So. Bloody. Tired.

But, like I said… I have no choice. I know. I know. Suck it up. I will. Eventually. In this one thing I always manage to persevere. But, for a bit, allow me my funk.

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, you'd probably lose your mind after a while (I worked from home and it was a bit confining), but a nice long vacation would probably do you good.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin