Giving Thanks, Part Five


“If you've ever seen the look on somebody's face the day they finally get a job, I've had some experience with this… they look like they could fly. And its not about the paycheck, it's about respect. It's about looking in the mirror and knowing that you've done something valuable with your day.” ~Dave, Film (1993)

Sometimes I’m still irritated by the fact that I’ve never had the choice to work or not to work. I have always had to work; but, I am thankful that I have gainful employment. In today’s economy this is a blessing indeed. I also don’t hate my job. And, I like my boss. Blessings counted. I didn’t particularly intend to stay in this position for as long as I have (it will be 5 years this January) but I’m glad that I did. I need a raise, but I'm still glad.

I work in hospitality. There are days that are incredibly hectic and stressful… especially during the summer months. I’ve had jobs that were far more challenging so, on occasion, I do get a little restless. I also intended to finish my college education and move into a different field. Life happens. But, then again, when I go to work in the morning, I’m treated to some variation of the view you see above...
Every. Single. Day.


I think that beats the city streets of corporate America. I know. I’ve seen those already.

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful thing to do. So many of us are blessed in ways that we simply refuse to recognize.

    I am thankful for my job as well, even if it's not as challenging as it could be.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin