Centric


December 31 – Core Story
What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world? (Bonus: Consider your reflections from this month. Look through them to discover a thread you may not have noticed until today.) (Author:
Molly O’Neill) [The #reverb10 project.]

Since 1994 I have allowed Life to dictate how I Live.
“One of these days… ” <------ Core.


No more.
What is Life without Living?


Empty.
Consequence and Circumstance will no longer hold me hostage.


“One of these days I’m gonna jump off that shelf
Hit that ground runnin’
At least that’s what I keep tellin’ myself
I’ve been sitting on the fence for way too long
Warmin’ that bench as chance moves on
And believe me that ain’t the way to live
And this barely getting by is really getting old
And it’s hard to turn the wrench on a rusty bolt
But someday, somethin’s gotta give…”
~Christian Kane, Something’s Gotta Give


Things don’t just “give”.

Waking up every day and going to bed every night is not Living.

Those are just the bookends.
It’s what’s in the middle that counts. <----- Core.

It’s time to Write those empty pages.

Watch out!
I’m about to go Nuclear.

6 comments:

  1. Yes! More Carpé Diem! Right there with you. And please know I shall be in these parts throughout 2011, ladies like you are few and far between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, I've read all of your entries in this series and been inspired and challenged (even though they came in my feed and I haven't commented). I can't wait to see what living you live in 2011. Happy new year, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Do it! If there is one thing I've ever learned, it's that action beats inaction every time. It's better to be headed in a direction (even if it's the wrong one) than in no direction at all.

    I would list everything I loved about what you've written today, but it would just be a retype with quotation marks added at the beginning and end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grab ahold of life and don't let go. Watching it go by is not living...

    Here's hoping that 2011 is all you wish and more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the explosion! And I am so glad that we connected over the course of Reverb10. I look forward to reading about your adventures over the next year as you take life by the horns. 'It's time to Write those empty pages' - Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey all! I've been a bit unplugged over the weekend so I only now have the opportunity to respond:
    @Stereo ~ As are you! Keep telling it like it is and you know I'll be around to read it.
    @littleyawps ~ Thank you! I hope 2011 is most excellent for you.
    @mark ~ You too, Mark. May it be an great year for us both.
    @Rebecca ~ Ah, here is hoping my forward motion keeps on moving. ;) I'm so grateful for you and my other Reverb10 connections.
    @Aly, luv... I thank you for continuing to read and I thank you for friendship. If you begin to freeze come south and see me. ;)

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin