Dawning


Photo © Zino2009

“A great figure or physique is nice, but it's self-confidence that makes someone really sexy.” ~Vivica Fox

December 12 – Body Integration
This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present? (Author:
Patrick Reynolds) [The #reverb10 project.]

It’s been many a year since I was “in tune” with my body. And, yes, that’s my own damn fault… and an entirely different topic altogether.

One night a few months ago, when I was dining with a coworker new friend, the subject of body image somehow made its way into the conversation. I’ve slowly been attempting to overcome how I perceive myself and mentioned to her that, although I am a “big girl”, at least I still have a shape (not a round one). She laughed and then proceeded to tell me how, when at work, I walk around like I own the building. “You own a room when you walk into it,” she said. Then she proceeded to tell me how confident I am in our work atmosphere and how I demand respect and how people men tend to watch me walk to and fro as I come and go around the building. “You exude confidence.”

Say what?

I laughed. She stared at me with absolute sincerity.

And… the following Monday I walked into the office with my head held just a wee bit higher and with just a tad more conscious confidence.

In tune with my body? Not necessarily.
Not as ashamed as two days prior? Absolutely.



5 comments:

  1. Love this,especially the part that others see and help you to realise it. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have someone see in you what you weren't seeing in yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Vinita & Kelly ~ I do have a knack for choosing great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Nicely written. I can just see that walk now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME! Isn't it amazing how we veiw ourselves as opposed to how others view us? If only we could have a little camera sometimes to see the way it really is - how others see us. It would be pretty darn eye-opening, I think. OWN IT!

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin