The One About Unnecessary Stuff

“What difference does it make how much you have? What you do not have amounts to much more.” ~Seneca

December 11 - Things
What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author:
Sam Davidson) [The #reverb10 project.]


Here’s the deal: I LIKE MY STUFF!


I began purging extraneous stuff post-divorce. Moving a couple of times in a couple of years has that affect. Truth is: I don’t have a lot of STUFF. More than those who have nothing… sure, but I have a lot less… a lot lot lot less than many. What I do have I like. I like it a lot. It isn’t going anywhere right now.

Oh, I thought about being less literal and venturing into the deep and meaningful… chatting about letting go of stress or negativity or the like. I did. Really. Truth is, I just can’t wrap my brain around this particular prompt today. And… that’s that.

5 comments:

  1. I don't have a witty or wise comment...just wanted to tell you that I have that very same Africa necklace. I think it's time I pull a lot of my Africa stuff out of the boxes they were placed in numerous moves ago and just never brought back out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your little giraffe figurines! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same thought about liking my own stuff. It's not perfect: sometimes there is too much of it for the space I choose to live in, but I like the things I have and I like the stories my 'stuff' tells.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth,

    I'm with you... I like my stuff and my life would be no better or worse without it... but maybe there are some elements of my life that I could do without! Like drama for one thing... lol.

    Unfortunately, due to my blog's audience I wasnt able to answer this prompt the way I wanted to, so I didn't bother!!

    Nice photo btw... you have nice stuff :)

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin