Rockin' My Socks Off

Photo © Kelly Crawford for the Examiner.

“Oh, the music in the air!
An' the joy that's ivrywhere -
Shure, the whole blue vault of heaven is wan grand triumphal arch,
An' the earth below is gay
Wid its tender green th'-day,
Fur the whole world is Irish on the Seventeenth o' March!”
~Thomas Augustin Daly



December 9 – Party
What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans. (Author:
Shauna Reid) [The #reverb10 project.]


St. Patrick’s Day is synonymous with the word “party” for most people. In my world it is usually just another day but 2010 was different… I had tickets for MUSE!

What better way to party than at a
MUSE concert?
What better way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?

The people watching was epic. Hardcore MUSE fans (Me) and Twilighters (courtesy of the use of MUSE in the film's soundtracks) (My gay date - He only knew 2 songs.) inhabited the same space. I don’t know if I have ever seen such a diverse group of people at one musical event in my life.

The music was epic. BEYOND EPIC! They rocked. Yeah, they rocked my socks off.

Food? What food? Who needs food when there are foot tall green margaritas and green beer? The drinks were epic.

The clothing? Yep, it was epic too. I, if I do say so myself, and I will, looked amazing in my charcoal jeans, off the shoulder black top (to showcase most excellent tattoo), spike heeled black ankle boots and strands of green stones around my neck and dangling from my ears. In a sea of green tinged, insane party hat (brilliant timing for party goers as ‘
Alice in Wonderland’ merchandise was available) and clover leaf accessorized awesomeness… I was one of the subdued dressers. We saw some of the greatest outfits ever.

As for the epicness of the shenanigans… well, there were shenanigans. They were epic. (Visualize Cheshire Cat-ish grin here.)

If you can find a major concert event in your area on St. Patrick’s Day… I highly recommend it. Of course, I had to drive 4.5 hours to get to mine. It was well worth it.

Next up?

St. Patrick’s Day 2011 – Bon Jovi in San Antonio, TX!!
I’ve got tickets, baby!

9 comments:

  1. Okay, I'll admit it, I've held a petty little grudge against them for using 'my' name. Many have recommended them and I've simply scoffed. After this description of an epic party, I'm listening to some MUSE today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I am much older than you and have never celebrated St. Patrick's Day properly. I need to shift that around....

    THANK YOU for the inspiration!

    My Party o' the year, 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Concert shenanigans are the best shenanigans, as far as I'm concerned! :D I'm jealous, I missed Muse when they were in town this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like one rockin' outfit. We need more reasons to get dressed up. It keeps us young!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a blast! I can just taste the green margaritas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Muse - How dare they?! :)

    @Patti ~ I'll keep on rockin' on!

    @Brad ~ Epically epic.

    @Julie ~ You are most welcome! Oh.. and I'm probably older than you think. ;)

    @Jaime ~ Oh yeah. I ♥ concert shenanigans.

    @Noel ~ I really should dress up more often!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @rayfamily ~ Mmmmmuse & Mmmmmmargaritas!

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin