WWYD

T-shirt available from spreadshirt.com.
No, I don't have it. Oh LOOK! It's Christmas!
I'll take an XXL if you feel so inclined.
Known for subtlety I am not.


“Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.” ~Yoda


December 18 – Try
What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? (Author:
Kaileen Elise) [The #reverb10 project.]


Disclaimer: You people have to remember you are dealing with someone who has a Rebel Alliance logo in the back window of her car. I am physically incapable of disregarding a blatant Star Wars reference.

At this risk of *skip* sound *skip* sound *skip* sounding like a *skip* broken rec *skip* record… I must resume Operation Skinny Bitch in 2011. Considering aforementioned conquest never really got off the ground anyway… and, yeah, I’m aware that was a year and a half ago. I’m in a better place for success now. Simply put: I love myself despite the weight.

I desperately miss being healthy & athletic, that’s all. And… there is enough of a family medical history concern to warrant getting my heart, the organ pumping in my chest, not the sappy part of my soul, back into tip-top shape. I already made this pledge on
Reverb10: Day One – Word. It will be done. I must believe or I will fail.

2010 wasn’t about trying new things for me. It was about survival and adaptation. I survived. I adapted. Curve balls thwarted. OH WAIT! I *did* try
online dating for about two seconds in 2010. Dumbest. Decision. Ever.

Going forward there are a myriad of things I want to do in my life and this year I did finally make a bucket list life list:

Life List (Part One)
Life List (Part Two)

I think that gives me plenty of other things to strive for in 2011 and beyond.

“No more training do you require. Already know you, that which you need.” ~Yoda



11 comments:

  1. Re: weight. Mine fluctuates quite a bit - or at least used to. I've made considerable changes to how I eat but I still indulge when I feel the need. I've accepted that my natural weight (ie: what I can comfortably maintain) is a big higher than I'd like but I'm not willing to live a life of deprivation just to shave another 10lbs off. That realization and acceptance has made a big difference for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lists Beth. I have to say, I wish I could imagine myself doing half of the awesome stuff you have planned for yourself in the future. I won't even old it against you that you're a Cowboys fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Brad ~ I know what I need to do. Motivation is the problem.

    @Jason ~ Watch out now Carolina boy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on this "try" - here's to a happy and healthy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO! I had that damn saying running through my head and had no idea it was yoda so I disn't use it! I wondered where the hell my husband got it (should've known)!! Anyways, great post and love the Operation Skinny Bitch. I'm wokring on a Bucket/Life List but haven't published it. I'm working on the 40 before 40 first - I have my hads full enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a little bit of brilliance that made my day. Fun, good insight, laughter. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shannon ~ Oh Lawdie... I'm too close to 40 to try and fit in 40 before then. Unless, of course, I make a list of crap I've already done. ;)

    Jean ~ I love making a day brighter! Thank you for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kaileen ~ Somehow I missed your comment in the mix. Thanks for stopping by and for the stellar prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe I missed your Yoda post. Being a fellow Starwars fan/dork/nerd and all.

    But maybe it's a good thing I didn't see it before I saw your sleep post.

    You know, now that you're sleeping properly, that alone will take you part way to your weight-loss goal. I didn't lose an ounce after I had my babies until the little bastages (to quote Brad) were sleeping through the night.

    Find something you love to do and just do it.

    Hugs and best wishes.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin