Musings on Success


I have a fear.
Me.

I have been accomplished.
I have fed off success.
It was fleeting.
But, in that time, I hungered for it.

I have seen, in the smallest of doses, that which I am capable of accomplishing when I give 100% of myself. It’s frightening. And… somewhere along the way I bowed to that fear.

Giving in to fear is easy.
Embracing success is formidable.

Accepting the power of oneself is fear personified.

“She knows there's no success like failure
And that failure's no success at all.”
~Bob Dylan


6 comments:

  1. You know that YOU are formidable, right, Beth? You can squash this fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Stereo, you can lick this fear and do anything you want. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm singing bass in the "you kick ass" chorus....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never see the point of training yourself like a dog. You end up without ever going beyond what you imagined, and usually falling short. It seems to me that it's always better to listen to yourself than to tell yourself.

    I've no idea what you mean by success but if it depends on the applause of others, it could be the falsest god there is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all.
    @Vincent ~ I give no thought to the opinion or applause of others. I merely refer to my own personal accomplishments or lack thereof. As for "training myself like a dog"... I'm not sure how you pulled that narrow-minded of a view out of this post but I agree with the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin