Other Duties As Assigned


Tricky phrase. Work bureaucracy.

“When are they just going to create a new position for you?”

These are the welcome yet laughable words heard today. They came from a coworker who doesn’t even witness the full extent of everything I do. Sigh. At least people notice.

The “other duties as assigned” portion of my job description is ridiculously out of control.

Woo.

But, I have a job.

Woo!

It isn’t an excuse for my lengthy absences from the interwebs; however, it is a reason. A damn good one, in fact.

“Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.” ~Doug Larson

(That quote applies to single-motherhood as well, by the way.)

3 comments:

  1. Been missing your wit and thoughts. Good to know the Boss is getting ready to drop more crap on your desk. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to say that we're missing you in these parts. And I empathise with your work situation. Tiring and unfair as some of the crap is that we're thrown, we have to choke it down and smile saying "at least we have a job." I'm kind of over it now to be honest.

    Come back soon, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there, done that.No more, fortunately, but I know exactly what you are talking about. I practically ran a small ad agency when I was in my early 20s. Talk about baptism by fire. Oy.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin