Day Five: SPICE SWIPING


Regrets. Oh, damn. I know… never say “never”. I call bullshit. And, yet, despite all the crap I’ve had in my life, there is little that I can actually say “I wish I’d never done” because negatives, when multiplied, make a positive. See? I paid attention in math class. A little.

Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two images that describe your life right now, and why.
Day Ten: One confession.

SIX THINGS I WISH I’D NEVER DONE

SIX: There was a road trip in 1994 meant to bring answers and peace. It only further complicated, quite literally, e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g about my life.

FIVE: I moved back to Arkansas. Possibly, I made the right decision. Probably, I didn’t.

FOUR: I had an amazing collection of salt & pepper shakers in college… and a parmesan shaker… and a red pepper flake shaker. I didn’t buy them.

THREE: I became fat.

TWO: Have you seen my temper? I lost it. Over and over and over again… always at the wrong time.

ONE: I let the perfect Clark Kent type walk away without asking him out (see #3). It left me with that whole vile “not knowing” vibe. I hate that.


4 comments:

  1. #5 I too regret since it moved you away from me.

    #4 is precisely how we acquired a lovely matched set of cutlery...mine and my husband's matched, oddly enough. May or may not have had something to do with the fact we frequented the same mess hall for four years...

    As to #3...if this former fat chick managed to skinnify herself, then so can you. Truly.

    I met someone recently whose life motto was "No what ifs". I like that. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... yeah... the ex and I had free matching cutlery too. We were working at Shoney's when we met and married. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3 we'll shed the excess together. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My temper was my constant companion and worst enemy for years. I kicked it out a long time ago. Occasionally, I still get postcards but they are so much easier to ignore.

    The question you have to ask is: "Will this matter in two weeks?"

    Go from there.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin