Day Three: THE ARMOR CHINK(S)

© Hugh MacLeod,
Gaping Void

“Fortune has something of the nature of a woman. If she is too intensely wooed, she commonly goes the further away.” ~Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor

Pardon my lengthy hiatus between Day One and Day Two. I had a mini-vacation complete with Bon Jovi concert, faux safari, meanderings in the place ‘o birth and a renaissance faire. In short: I was preoccupied.

I now move on to the mushy vomit gushy heartfelt Day Three. Blurgh. It’s bad enough to reveal one chink in my armor… but giving you eight of them is crazy frightening. I also have to differentiate greatly between this day and Day Eight. Some answers could be the same. That being said… we’ll gear Day Eight toward the more attraction/sexual references as it is quite obviously meant to be as such anyway.

Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two images that describe your life right now, and why.
Day Ten: One confession.

EIGHT WAYS TO WIN MY HEART

EIGHT: Realize that a girl like me is impossible to find (Thank you, Secondhand Serenade, for the lyric.) and tell me as much. If you hint at it… I’ll probably miss it.

SEVEN: Be unpredictable yet stable.

SIX: Give me my space. I’m not a clingy person therefore I don’t do well with clingy people.

FIVE: Smile. Fakers need not apply. Smile with your eyes. Smile with your body. Smile with your entire soul. Let that smile radiate outward and fill the dark spaces.

FOUR: Geek speak works wonders. Hot nerds welcome. Seriously. Speechify about Wolverine’s entire back story or debate the finer points of Death Star construction and I might get a little doe-eyed. Just a little.

THREE: Be honest. All the time. Do you have it in you?

TWO: Make me laugh. HA! Do it again. Go ahead. I dare you.

ONE: Be able to hang with my boys… the polar opposites. Accept both of them and their bizarre idiosyncrasies for what they are. Prove the force is strong with you.


3 comments:

  1. I liked Wolverine best when we had no clue what his origin was. The mystery was very compelling, I thought.

    And I have a poem in the works about dancing like a stormtrooper...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said "meanderings in the place 'o birth" and I was like "she was in Kenya and she didn't tell me?!" I was offended for a minute or so then I remembered that you came to Kenya as a child. My bad. :P

    As for the list, ah, if only you were a little closer and I were a little older... (perhaps I'm assuming but something tells me Bethe doesn't do younger men)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably a good thing that we didn't hang in the same area...we like the same kind of guy. Keep looking. They're out there. I found one and the geeky guys are the best.

    BTW...I really liked #5. It was a beautiful sentiment.

    Excellent job with these, Beth...this is not an easy exercise, and you are handling it admirably.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin