Day Two: OVERSHARING 101 (Finally, I know.)


"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." ~Marilyn Monroe

What more can I possibly reveal about myself after compiling
300 RANDOM FACTOIDS about me into one massive list? Need ideas on how to overshare? Yeah… click that link. I’m tempted to steal borrow from it to complete day two of this endeavor. I won’t. But, I’m tempted.

Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two images that describe your life right now, and why.
Day Ten: One confession.

NINE THINGS ABOUT MYSELF

NINE: I abhor large paper clips. Seriously. I dislike them quite intensely. Someday I am going to count how many paper clips I touch/use in the course of one day at work and then you’ll understand why this seemingly inane revelation is not quite so.

EIGHT: “8” is my favorite number. True Story. It’s followed closely by “13” which was always my sports jersey number in high school.

SEVEN: I pawned my wedding rings and it had nothing to do with the need for money. Good thing, too. I didn’t exactly get much for them. They were cool, slightly Elfish in design, but not extravagant and no longer needed.

SIX: I suffer from Attention Deficit… Ooooh! Shiny! Disorder. That’s A.D.O.S.D. for you acronym whores.

FIVE: I own ♪ FIVE SILVER RINGS ♫ which I wear quite regularly… but no gold. I’m not a fan of gold although it probably suits my skin tone better. Ask me if I give a damn about gold or silver matching my skin tone.

FOUR: I don’t do cold. I hate Old Man Winter with a level of fiery passion that only a sun sign Leo can. Air conditioning is often the bane of my summertime existence… yet simultaneously my savior from humidity. Heat good. Humidity bad. When I get cold, my body begins to shut down. This includes my brain matter.

THREE: It’s a good thing we share (mostly) the same taste in music because I take over the sound system in my cousin’s car every time I get in. Truthfully, I try to take over the music in anyone’s car I ride in. Rude? Probably. This is me not caring.

TWO: I like television. A lot. I have tried to detox. I have failed.

This is the part where I tell you I have stared at that “ONE” for the last four days. Tapped, I tell you. I’m all tapped out. Sigh. The following could be determined via deductive reasoning by anyone who has even the tiniest sliver of knowledge about things that interest me.

ONE: Mythical Creatures: I am fascinated by them. Well, most of them. I don’t care much for those of the equine variety although I would choose Pegasus over Unicorn and Centaur over either of the former. No, I prefer Gryffin, Sphinx, Dragon, Manticore, Phoenix… R.O.U.S.-es. You know, the more intimidating ones.

There you have it. If you read this then you know a little more about me. If you read the previously composed 300… then you’re insane. And bored. Or both.

7 comments:

  1. I dated a guy for a while before I realized he has a tattoo of a pegasus on his butt cheek. One of his friends teased him about it so, of course, I had to see it. The relationship went downhill from there. Not as creepy as a unicorn tattoo would have been, but seriously? No man should have a pegasus tattoo. Or any ass tattoo for that matter. Legs. Backs. Arms. Chest. All good. But don't put the tattoo artist through the nasty experience of staring at butt hairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never fail to amuse me. "This is me not caring"

    However, were you to ride in my car and tried mucking about with the radio, you'd be missing digits PDQ.

    That be me likin' my music. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Crap, you are funny. And we have a boatload in common (sorry for you).
    9) I hate those f*ing large paperclips too. I need small, uniform ones. And the butterfly clips...don't get me started.
    7) My wedding rings were pawned, BY MY EX- after he told me he was CLEANING THEM...not that I want them back, mind you. But it was my mom's diamond. And I suppose I would be more bitter today, had my a-hole dad not screwed my mom over about 10 years back.
    5) I do silver and white gold. Same as you, looks like hell with my hair and skin, but who gives a shit
    4) Me neither. Although as a woman with a 'fro, humidity is B-A-D, cold is worse.
    3) I can't stand being in a car if I can't control the radio. Drives me insane

    So, 5 out of 9 in common.

    Great insight into your psyche. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why you should post more. Because it is gold every time something new shows up here. I'm learning to love gold a little more now but I'm still a SILVAH GAL FO' LYFE! *throws up a gang sign*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you people. Each of these comments made me smile or laugh or both. I am lucky to count you as friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started a comment on this, and had to run off and do about four other things. Guess I suffer from A.D.O.S.D., too. Hi, my name is Brandee...wow. That feels good. Thanks for giving it a label!

    Seriously, though...my car, my radio. No touchy. How 'bout we just ride with the windows down & enjoy the nice WARM air?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha! I pawned my wedding rings (the first set) also! Put the money in the collection plate at church as penance for leaving him. That divorce was the gutsiest thing I've ever done and the best decision I ever made.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin