Day Ten: TERRIFIED



ONE CONFESSION
I want to make it through the lonely to the other side.
I’m terrified that will never happen. I’m equally terrified it will.

Confession & title drawn from the song 'Terrified' by Katharine McPhee with Zachary Levi.

“Who knows what true loneliness is—not the conventional word, but the naked terror? To the lonely themselves it wears a mask. The most miserable outcast hugs some memory or some illusion. Now and then a fatal conjunction of events may lift the veil for an instant. For an instant only. No human being could bear a steady view of moral solitude without going mad.” ~Joseph Conrad

Find days one through nine at the following:



I now bid adieu to the 10-Day Meme. And, I thank you for stopping round for a quick read.


5 comments:

  1. Wow. That one bowled me over. Very powerful...both in the words and in the images that you put with them.

    Excellent job, ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, luv. 'Tis a stark reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're speaking my language, as you well know. This was pretty awesome. I've read it three times already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In one sentence you've summed it up in an aching and perfect way.

    ReplyDelete

"Stranger, if you passing meet me and desire to speak to me, why should you not speak to me? And why should I not speak to you?" ~Walt Whitman

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin